0 Items
When we want to enter the world of healthy food, we suddenly find that there are different terms between organic and natural food. They may seem the same, but they are not. Many believe that a tomato or a watermelon anyone can buy at the supermarket are automatically natural and organic foods at the same time especially when you compare them to a frozen pizza or a pot of noodles with soy.

How do people know the differences between organic and natural superfood?
In short, not all-natural foods are organic, nor do all organic products are natural food.

What is Natural Food?
For a food to be considered natural, the first and most important thing is that it refers to the raw material. It cannot have any artificial ingredient or any additive (coloring, flavoring, preservative). Also, to be natural, it requires minimally processed.

It should’ve not gone through cooking, sterilization, or a process in which the original product has changed as it was naturally.

Still, companies use the term “natural food” as a marketing corner for not necessarily natural food as we know it, this because it’s not a regulated term. Upset customers have taken brands to court, and some companies have even had to remove the label, but this hasn’t stop others from keeping the term on non-natural food.

What is Organic Food?
The requirements to be organic or ecological are more specific and require regulation and control by the agencies. The food should be presenting their certificate seal on the packaging, environment, and health so that a product can be called organic. It means that meat can also be organic.

In many countries, organic food has a certification, this because regular procedures to treat crops are full of pesticides and non-natural processes.

The first fundamental requirement is that the said product must be respectful with the environment. It means, during its cultivation, elaboration or manufacture, sustainable raw materials are used, with practices and tools that do not harm the environment. Then, all synthetic fertilizers, genetic engineering, the use of irradiation and medicines must be completely eliminated. The crops cannot be treated with chemicals for growth and size increase.

On the other hand, organic foods can be available as a product like bars, bread, pasta, among others, and anything that has at least 95% organic ingredients. The other 5% can be artificial or non-organic products. They can still contain preservatives, dyes, or flavorings.

There are common products, such as cookies, which can be organic and at the same time, not natural because they contain artificial colors or sweeteners.

Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q: Is there scientific reasons for choosing organic certified food?
A: Organic food is the best kind of food you can find for humans and animals because of its inspected and certified pesticide-free. This doesn’t mean that all non-organic food has pesticides but its highly probable due to its economic benefit on the agriculture industry. Pesticides are not recommended for human consumption and if ingested on high amounts could cause death, this is the reason why it’s better to turn organic, it’s a matter of making safe choices.

Finally.
You have to read the labels well to know exactly what you are buying. The natural term is very broad so it will depend on the criteria of each one. On the contrary, the fact that food has an organic seal implies a great regulation that really proves that said food meets ideal conditions.

That been said, still the best way for really being sure a product is 100% organic is to visit its source and test water, land and quality procedures. Which every organic business owner should do.

Check out our catalog to find out more about the Incas Superfood Secrets.

About Us

Ecommodities is dedicated to promoting healthy products that grow in the valleys and mountains in the Andes and in the Amazon rainforest of Peru. These products are prepared with care and delivered to our customers in any corner of the world.

CONTACT US

Houston – Texas +1 (936) 4995295

Lima – Perú +51 (1)715-8507

Sales: sales@ecommodities.pe

Info: info@ecommodities.pe

FOLLOW US IS INTERESTING

Design / Nummbers Perú

Copyright © 2019 / Privacy Policy